Tax planning and tax strategies
By planning we can reduce your taxes by taking advantage of your family profile and
business structure. Some of our more popular strategies for saving taxes are:
- controlling the timing and receipt of income between years
- accruing bonuses to family members
- planning deductions for the year in which they will give maximum benefit
- income splitting with spouses and children directly or indirectly
- special tax elections which defer or eliminate tax
- proper corporate structure using holding companies and sister companies
- income splitting using discretionary family trusts
- using tax preferred investment assets
- Individual Pension Plans and Retirement Compensation Arrangements
- Private Health Services Plans and Employee Profit Sharing Plans
We take the time to apply the right tax saving strategy to your specific situation.
We take the time to properly interview our clients. This is important because we are aware of what deductions apply to you and your immediate and extended family. Many opportunities are missed because time is not taken to obtain a detailed knowledge of the client's situation. For example many medical deductions can be taken for dependant parents and children.
Latest trends and techniques
We apply current knowledge to your situation. We stay current about the latest trends and techniques to save you taxes. We utilize our experience to apply these techniques to your circumstances and save your hard earned money.
Computerized tax preparation
Tax returns are prepared using the latest computer technology to ensure all deductions have been taken advantage of and to determine optimal deductions and calculations.